Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Term 1, 2024

School starts tomorrow. We are as prepared as we're going to be, going into the new school year with year 2, 4 and 6 children.

My silly billies. 

I feel slightly relieved that household spending will fall back into a more predictable pattern as the children settle back into routine. I'm also looking forward to the year ahead with my now four year old little lady. One more year with her before she goes to primary school, so precious. 

We had a little evening "feast" (tea, cheese, crackers, fruit and maybe some special candy) and talked about our holiday memories. Our road trip featured high on their list of memorable moments. I'm glad we did that. 

Finishing this book, finally, after maybe 2-3 years, was my summer goal, and I accomplished that. 


The husband and I made it through the entire Fast and Furious series, all 10 movies, over the summer. I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed it. Ride or Die! 

And our garden, our garden is flourishing. We're loving the fresh produce and summer colours. We brought some kang kong and tomatoes to our happy neighbours this evening.


God bless the school year ahead, God bless our children and their teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment