Thursday, November 9, 2023

Child's Play.

Our littlest and I planted ginger this morning. To that end, we drilled holes into the bottom of an unused (Council-issued food scraps) bin, filled it with compost and planted our ginger. She marked out positions for the holes with little x-es, and handled the drill (with help). She loved wearing the safety gear and working the drill. Hopefully we'll be rewarded with some ginger in a few months.

I was grumpy this evening, my ears ringing and my energy gone from the ruckus of four arguing children. Funny enough, the children are unfazed and don't instinctively steer clear of a bad mood. Our big girl almost always asks how I'm feeling and why I'm grumpy. Our boys do it in a more roundabout way... By putting a blanket on me when I'm resting on the couch, or this time, they also prepared a "guard of honour" at the top of the stairs to welcome me with a salute and a lullaby (played from their sister's music box). It was impossible not to laugh at their clumsy and wholly sincere attempt to cheer me up. These children are abominable, incorrigible but so incredibly sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment