Tuesday, May 23, 2023

One Step At A Time.

The mental load of raising four young ones, each with their own strong personalities, weighs heavier some days more than others. Keeping track of each of their needs, current challenges and interests takes up more brain space than I can muster some days.

Our big girl is keen to develop her musical interest on the keyboard. Our big boy has, since turning ten and with much pride, taken on the responsibility of helping with dinner prep once a week. Our little man is working to get over a specific anxiety related to school and is settling into a new sport. Our little lady is getting used to swimming lessons and learning to make new friends on our daily adventures.

Rock climbing yesterday. Our littlest is not one to open up to others easily, but she connected well with a new face there. Before long, they were insisting on climbing beside each other.

This afternoon, our big girl spotted me at the school gate and dashed toward me, shouting the most joyful "mummy!". She threw all of her 8 year old self into my arms and wrapped herself around my leg, much to the amusement of whoever else happened to be there. I count myself so blessed to have been the reason for my not-so-little one's joy. It was a happy reunion that truly made my day. 

Come what may, we'll take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment