Thursday, February 23, 2023

Project Birthday!

It was all hands on deck this evening to prepare my birthday pie and dinner (ahead of time). The children paired up and they had one team work on the pie crust and the other working on the filling.

Our big boy learned to make shortcrust pastry, roll out dough and blind bake. Our big girl learned to measure out ingredients. I'm looking forward to tasting the fruit of their labours tomorrow! 

It was a fabulous day spent with our friends, Franchi, Cristina and Nat. We went to the playground and even managed a swim in their pool while the sun was still shining. We all had such a good time! Also, what a surprise to discover that our little man will be in the same class as his friend, Franchi, when he starts primary school in April. I can already see them both getting into trouble together at school...and I'm really hoping I'm wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment