Friday, February 24, 2023

37, And A Goodbye.

I turned 37 today. I knew I really wanted to attend mass and receive the Eucharist on my birthday. Everything else was a bonus. I attended mass after dropping the bigs off at school. 

We ended up at Mitre 10 after mass for a decadent morning tea with my two younger ones. The idea of pancake was more delicious than the reality of having to finish all of it. Still, it was the "goodest pancakes" our little man has ever had!


laksa!

With my little budding bakers and their custard pie. 

Val leaves New Zealand for good on Sunday, and her visit today was the final one for the foreseeable future. Thus, a bittersweet day, really. Yet, there was a great deal more peace than sadness. The last 5 years of friendship have been full and fruitful; we've shared a lot and gone deep in our conversation, with God as our centre. We were ready to let her go onto her new adventure. While parting was sad, it was with peace and excitement for her that we did. For that, we were grateful.

37. I count myself incredibly blessed with much to be thankful for. The children opened my presents for me and blew out the candles on my cake, and I derived greater joy from seeing their enthusiasm in doing so. Very grateful for the gifts and the love of friends and family that have come my way today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment