Saturday, May 21, 2022

Fruitful Saturday.

Today was an exercise in being deliberate about how I spent my time. I'd usually be stationed in the kitchen for hours on weekends preparing meals and baking for the week. That's a habit that's been changing of late though. 

This morning, I sat. I sat and watched my busy children creating stories with Lego bricks. Weekends are their time to unwind from the week, to be absorbed in play, and be together. So precious. 

By putting in a little more thought to the day, I managed to read a chapter aloud to the children at breakfast (we are currently reading Mary Poppins by PL Travers), roughhouse with the younger three in the morning, and do chores with the big girl in the afternoon. That, in addition to cooking, laundry, a nap (wow!) and exercise. It's been a fruitful day.

It's amazing to watch the children's imaginations at work. I'm not much use when it comes to Lego and can only admire the way they manipulate the bricks to bring their imaginations to reality, while I struggle to put together a simple house. 

Our big boy built a massive ball run spanning the doll house.. Incredible stuff! 

I ended the day finding four little bottles of nail polish in bed as I crawled under the covers for the night. The little lady wanted to paint her nails and took the bottles to bed with her for use tomorrow morning. Never a dull moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment