Sunday, April 24, 2022

World Enough And Time.

The children woke up early and finished the rest of the musical before I got up. It's good that Val is always game to read and be present with these guys!

We attended mass together, and it was a new and meaningful experience for her to have a little child sticking to her and wanting to be a part of her worship. "Jesus is there," is what she gently told the little lady each time. 

Our big girl marvelling at a book on the Catholic Sacraments, Lego style. Beautifully crafted and written. 

Today, I sketched leisurely with our big girl, played hide and seek with the little man, read aloud Enid Blyton's "Secret Seven" with our big boy and finally cradled a crankily sleeping little lady in my arms while I watched "Around the World in 80 Days" with the husband at the end of the day. 

That's what it's about, isn't it, spending time? It's an ongoing challenge to choose what to spend my time on at any given moment. Continuously learning to be present and to spend my minutes on what matters most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment