Sunday, April 10, 2022

Hard Truths.

Today, my dear children hit me square between the eyes with "you never play with us". They certainly know the way to a mother's heart...armed with a lance!

It stinks to hear, but there is also some measure of truth in it. So as much as I wanted to cry foul and play the victim, I appreciated their honesty, and after a good heaving cry in the husband's arms, I managed to tell them as much.

What now? We'll see. Still processing. 


Happy 4th birthday, my darling! He asked for a donut cake, and a donut cake he got. Borrowed my neighbour's deep fryer to make these golden-fried rings of dough for the occasion.

Special breakfast in the morning, rock-climbing after mass, and a Happy Meal for lunch. Our four year old's idea of a great birthday! 

    "Keep up, dad!"

    First family climb. 

Lots of love for their beloved Aunty Val

After all is said and done, there is much to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment