Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Just Keep Swimming.

This evening, our little man turned to me and said, "Mum, maybe you can try telling us to go to sleep in a different way....like 'would you please go to sleep'?" The two youngest ones were mucking around before going to bed and I'd chided them with an exasperated "Sleep....Now." 

I had to chuckle. Most of the time I have no inkling if anything we're teaching them is internalised. This was a clear sign that at least one of them listens...sometimes! There is hope yet that they will learn what they need to!

The road is long and I feel jaded sometimes. On these days, it's hard to find hope and faith for the journey. The cross keeps me going, especially when I don't have a clue where all of this leads. I recall the image of Jesus asking his disciples to cast their nets out into deep water, to trust in Him and the unknown. Even on days when I just want to wallow, I know at the back of my mind that there always is reason to hope. 

We went to Gravity this afternoon, this time with our neighbours' children and our brood. One hour passed way too quickly but they had a great time. 




Last day of school tomorrow...I hope it will be a good end to a crazy school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment