Sunday, October 17, 2021

Toilet Duty Talk.

This evening, the husband and I were talking about splitting cleaning duties for our two bathrooms. We both use separate bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs, so it made sense that we oversee the cleanliness of the one we use.

The children were listening in on our conversation and asked what we were talking about.

Big girl: I can do the sink, I'm good at cleaning sinks.
Little man: I can do the sink too.
Big boy: I can clean the toilet bowl.
Me: You know you have to let the cleaning liquid sit for about 10 minutes before you scrub it, right? It's cleaner that way.
Big boy: I have to scrub it too? Oh.
Papa: Did you think you clean the bowl just by squirting cleaning liquid in?
Big boy: Um, yeah. I forgot.
🤦‍♀️

After getting the nitty-gritty of bathroom cleaning out of the way, we settled on a rough roster for bathroom cleaning on Saturday mornings. It was interesting that the children volunteered to help out.

The husband is definitely not looking forward to going back onto distance learning. He went out to pick up some shorts for our big boy (who's going through a growth spurt), and came home with a Lego set. To him, assembling Lego is cathartic in a way I will never understand. Burying himself in Lego momentarily dulls the pain of 8.30am meetings and talking at teenagers on a screen. I say, build away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment