Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Lockdown Day 7.

I did something I never thought I'd do: mud play. Definitely out of my comfort zone but I thought, "why not?"

I found a patch of dirt, added water and got digging. Then invited the children to join me. 


It was a new experience for all of us. Our big boy retreated as far away as he could and hid in the fort. 


What amazed me was how our big girl embraced the entire experience. She didn't get extremely dirty but she immersed herself completely in the play. She made mud pies and made paint by mixing mud with more water in a tray. 

Our little lady saw me making muddy handprints and stuck her hand in to give it a go. 
Our cautious little man did the same but immediately washed them off after. 

The husband had a horrified look on his face when he emerged from his study to find out what we'd gotten up to.

We cleaned up properly after. Mud play is a well-documented form of play and mud kitchens are a Kiwi favourite. So... I guess you could say I was embracing the culture! 

On a slightly less crazy note, we also arranged for the older children to have some virtual catchups with their friends. Our big boy enjoyed his immensely, and of course, the younger siblings got involved too.

No comments:

Post a Comment