Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Sick Day.

Only the 8th day of winter and already, the winter sniffles are upon us. Papa, our little lady, our big girl and I are down with colds. Our big girl was home today.

We made bath bombs using a combination of epsom salts, citric acid, baking soda, corn flour, oil, colouring and water. They're drying out overnight and should be ready for some bathtime fun tomorrow evening.

Not quite one to choose the path of last resistance, I thought I'd make my own dumpling skins today. I doubted myself midway through rolling out my 10th off 19 dumpling skins.

I was making mashed potato/cheese dumplings, a cross between Chinese potstickers and Polish pierogi. Why? 

We have a son who only eats the skins off the usual pork/cabbage combination and mashed potato/cheese was strangely a hit. When it comes to something as fickle as lunchbox likes/dislikes... If the shoe fits...I'll wear it.


These don't look half bad. But the test is in the pudding, or cooked dumpling, in this case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment