Monday, June 7, 2021

In Search of Hope.

Of late, it has been especially difficult to find hope in a society where Christ seems so absent. The way many people live seem to be at odds with the way we've chosen to and that's been hard.

In a time and place where pleasure, instant gratification and the "I" seem to be of paramount importance, the journey of self-denial, and the search for God feels like a long and lonely road.

I think I'm looking for people who reflect my beliefs and with whom I don't have to explain myself to be understood. Perhaps I'm simply looking for some hope.

I'm grateful for the little slice of sanctuary that is our family. With the long weekend and constant rain, we really got to enjoy being home. 

Watching corn pop before movie night on Sunday. We watched Raya & the Last Dragon. 

We procured a badminton set and took advantage of our high ceiling to play badminton indoors.

We now have four pet snails instead of just one (well that escalated quickly), and we spent the weekend getting to know the snails (they love having their shells stroked and love being handled) and upgrading their home. Watching the snails and playing with them was a huge source of entertainment this weekend.

Hope in humanity might seem distant at present, but I'm just going to trust that God has a plan for all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment