Wednesday, June 2, 2021

9 Years Married.

9 years have blessed us with four beautiful children. We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a meal out, our first in a long time. We left early (4.20pm!) for a casual place nearby with beer on tap and a food truck serving great burgers and fries.
We got home early, 5.45pm, and bedtime routines proceeded as usual. Life would be so different without these children and I felt a need to let them know it.

"(Insert name), You are important to this family," was what I said to each child in turn at the start of our night prayer. The older ones grasped the weight of the statement a little more. Our little ones.... 

Little man: I'm a doggy! Say I'm important doggy!
Me: You're an important doggy to this family... 😉
Little lady: squawk!
Big girl: You should say she's an important parrot to this family! 
Me: I guess we have 2 children and 2 pets after 9 years. 

It's been a pretty amazing 9 years, love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment