Saturday, May 8, 2021

Our Big Girl is 6!

The morning was spent picking up some last minute items for our big girl's birthday.
It was unbelievably tempting to go all out and buy more stuff to make her day more special. More than once, I had to remind myself that it isn't the stuff that maketh a birthday.

Sure enough, this evening:
Big girl: I had a great time celebrating my birthday today.
Me: I'm so glad to hear that! What made your day great?
Her: My friends!

Unlike her big brother who has already asked to spend his birthday home with us, our big girl thrives on being at school. She received a compilation of cards from her classmates and not one, but two birthday songs sung for her.

   Udon for dinner. I had a little helper. 

    We love you, my dear girl! 

I'm couldn't be more pleased that she had a lovely birthday. Now onward to tomorrow's party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment