Sunday, February 11, 2024

Dehydrating Herbs & Tomatoes.

At this point in the year, I'm appreciating the value of slow, restful weekends. 

There's joy to be found in being able to say "yes" to spontaneously throwing a Nerf dart outside with our big boy, jumping into the pool with our little man (and little lady after), and playing a card game just because. It's 100% hard when I'm tired (pretty much all the time), and everything in me wants to just lie down and take a nap. Against my body's lazier inclinations, I say "yes", and am glad I did after. 


We dehydrated some thyme, sage and tomatoes, all grown by the husband. Our big girl had a great time processing and bottling the herbs after they came out of the oven. I sat down to help her with it and she shooed me away because she loved doing it by herself. She was very pleased with her handiwork and showed me the freshly-bottled herbs after. They will last us awhile and elevate the flavours of our meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment