Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Sinterklaas

Blessed St Nicholas Day! or Sinterklaas in Dutch. He was a kindly bishop who gave to the poor and his story inspired the modern-day Santa Claus. 

The children put out their stockings last night and were excited to see the goodies this morning. I was quite pleased that I'd bought gold chocolate coins early, but hid them so well I couldn't find them to put into the stockings last night. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I was pleasantly surprised by the older children's interest in reading about the lives of the Saints; I found them both reading their new gifts this morning.

The husband has finished school for the year. He fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours this afternoon, a much-needed rest after a gruelling term. We let him sleep and the children spent the afternoon outside playing and catching up with our neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment