Friday, December 22, 2023

Birthday Party & Books.


It was party time this morning as we celebrated a birthday with the Stamilla family. The children enjoyed more time in their pool and came home sun-kissed. Also, maybe only in New Zealand would you see children in the library in their swim togs...they also happened to be my children. Come to think of it, I'm also not entirely sure they all had footwear on. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just enjoying the air con and a book on a warm summer's day. 

I picked this up for myself from the library today:

We're still a few years out, but I reckon summer is a good time to get cracking on this, while I have time, energy and brain space at my disposal.

"Formed" has been an incredible resource for our family. It's also a big part of the reason we bit the bullet and bought our first-ever tablet. About a month ago, I got the children started on "The Legends of Robin Hood", an audio drama by the Augustine Institute. It's almost 6 hours of audio and they're going strong with just under two hours to go.

It's excellent voice acting and I enjoy listening to it when I lie with them before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment