Friday, December 29, 2023

A Moment of Humility.

"Stop, mum," came our big boy's voice. I'd joked about something I thought was funny, but he clearly didn't like.

In that moment, I realised the power the parent can wield over a child. 1) Deem him sensitive or unreasonable, and carry on, or 2) reflect, respect, and stop?

It sat with me for a bit and after night prayer, I apologised to him for likening his sister to him and promised to stop doing it. 

As our big boy goes, he feels deeply but also has the grace to let go of his feelings quickly. He was surprised, and said, "I'd forgotten about it already! I forgive you, mum!" 

I think. It was a difficult pill to swallow, humility. But I thought it better to talk things through and not leave any opportunity for a wound to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment