Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Post It.

Our dear friend Val began her postulancy a few months ago and is now Sr Val. Our only communication these days is via written letters. It definitely feels like a step back in time, especially given how instantaneous communication can be these days. I received a letter from her today, her second one to us. 

I surprised myself by sitting down to write my reply this evening, and it evoked a nostalgia of days gone when my schoolmates and I exchanged letters frequently, despite already meeting every day in school. In this instance, though, there was an unfamiliar but real sense of not knowing if the letter would reach it's recipient. It's heartening to know our friendship transcends the physical and that we are always united in prayer and spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment