Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Dentist Visits.

It's been a heavy day. Three of the children had dental checkups this afternoon. I didn't have great experiences with dentists as a child, and I think I carry an inordinate sense of responsibility for the children's dental wellness. Figuratively, it feels as if I hold my breath and exhale once the checkups are done. Thankfully, all was well and the children left none the worse for wear. They had a great time. Dentists here are lovely and dole out stickers and encouragement like candy. Wait a minute.... um yeah. You get the idea. Dentists are lovely.

It's a friend's birthday tomorrow and I've been trying my hand at making nut brittle for her. It's eye-watering how sneakily caramel burns just when you think all is going swimmingly. I also ended up with brittle that was not quite brittle enough; a result of my being overly-cautious after aforementioned experience with burnt caramel. A few friends are meeting to celebrate tomorrow evening and it should be interesting, a first time out with friends in a wee while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment