Friday, August 25, 2023

Afternoon Tea.

The little man stayed home from school today as he was feeling a little under the weather. I had a few errands to run and he tagged along.

Afternoon tea is quite important these days as the children often get home from school ravenous. We made churros today and the littlies helped roll the churros in cinnamon sugar. 


It was my first attempt and I burst a piping bag in the process (lesson learned), but it was an overall success. It's usually $8 for 3-4 larger churro sticks at the mall. These were incredibly cheap to make and the main investment was probably time and elbow grease. Squeezing the dough through the piping bag takes quite a bit of effort.

I tried sheetpan pancakes yesterday and at 15 minutes in the oven at 200°C, it was much easier and yummy too. It was good fun to get creative with the toppings.

Before and after:

I'm glad the weekend is finally here. Our littlest lady has been happy sleeping in her own bed for a few months now, sleep is so much better now that I have a bit more space to myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment