Wednesday, June 21, 2023

School Days.

Little man, outside the classroom this morning: I have fun at school but I always miss you. (He starts to tear up)
Me, wrapping him in a big hug: I know, and I'll be right here waiting for you after school.
Him: Can we take a picture?

He's growing up so fast, but it's these moments that remind me how little he still is. 

Our big girl made a poor decision this afternoon at school. I was upset about it but took deep breaths and spoke to her about it. I did my best not to make a big deal of it and didn't mention it for the rest of the day. 

During night prayer, she lifted up an apology for the choice she made at school, which involved not helping someone when she could have. It was a beautiful prayer and I affirmed her for it after night prayer. It's not easy to take responsibility and own a mistake, but she did, and I'm proud of her for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment