Friday, October 7, 2022

Skateland.

At the end of Friday, it feels like I've given everything I can give and am ready to curl up in a ball and sleep the weekend away. 

We met the Mcveys at Skateland and whiled away the next two hours on the rink. The little man did heaps better his second time on wheels. He was way more stable and grew confident enough to tell me he wanted to skate the large rink on his own. He managed maybe about 5 metres on his own before he ran out of pluck, but still, a win. 

In the beginner's rink. 

Our littlest was proud to walk beside her brother as he skated. She's currently at a stage where she won't let me out of her sight and seems to need me close all the time. It's theoretically very sweet, but takes a toll maybe the tenth time in a day that she chases me down, crying because I left her and went elsewhere. This too, shall pass. 

And because two hours of skating was nothing on the old figurative fuel tank, I let the children loose on the playground after lunch. Lunch was four large pizzas: the littlest two and I shared one, the girls shared one, and the boys ate one each. Our big boy regretted it after, but has proudly earned bragging rights thanks to his gluttony. 

The children got home and got to transplant their seedings into the raised bed Papa made for them. 

Bedtime. And happy birthday, littlest bro of mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment