Sunday, July 31, 2022

Church Antics & Doggy Friends.

At church today, during the Eucharistic prayer, I'm kneeling, eyes closed. The congregation is still. I open my eyes and look at the little man on my left. I catch him quietly licking my jacket sleeve. WHAT?!

After mass, the husband tells the little lady as she walks back to the car, "watch out for the puddle." She looks carefully at the puddle in front of her and jumps in it.

Not quite what he meant but that's my girl! 

We went by our neighbours' this afternoon to tend to their home as they were away. Our little lady has long been terrified of their dogs. Lately, she's still wary, but seems to be warming up a little to them. This afternoon was a milestone as she happily petted them as the dogs roamed freely in the garden. Petting has always been a carefully orchestrated event in the past. It's great to see her overcoming her fear. 



Part 2 of kitchen organisation involved labelling our containers of pantry essentials. The bigs were happy to help and made good work of them. It will be interesting for them to see these labels years from now when their handwriting becomes more grown-up. Better than printed labels any day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment