Thursday, May 26, 2022

Kitchen Fun and an Unwell Husband.

I tried my hand at making my own chicken nuggets (recipe here). Freshly cooked, it's yum. To get to a point where it's good eaten cold, I think I'll need to tweak the flour to chicken ratio. Work in progress, but it was empowering to know frozen supermarket nuggets aren't the only option.


For tomorrow's lunchboxes, I've made lazy man's mini quiches with leftover flour tortillas. 
The husband's still testing negative but is in no shape to teach tomorrow. The sore throat and body aches are enforcing a much-needed rest. It feels like we're in a state of limbo and could go into isolation any day now. Whatever happens, we'll just roll with the evolving situation and be grateful for each day that we're well enough to be out and about.

Little man's before-bedtime thoughts:
"What colour is a turtle's poo?"

??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment