Friday, March 4, 2022

Bullet Dodged.

Last Sunday, I woke up with a scratchy throat and dashed out to get a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test). After a 40 minute wait in the car to get the test (they weren't readily available yet, as they are now) and a 15 minute wait to get the results... Negative! Phew. Unfortunately, we'd also missed Sunday mass. I was disappointed at not being able to attend mass that day.

This evening, we received an email informing us that a Covid-positive individual attended the same mass we would have been at last Sunday, had I not been delayed by the wait for the covid test. What a relief and such grace to have been spared that potentially tricky situation.

Hummus today didn't turn out so well. I didn't balance the flavours well and bombed with my time management. The only plus? I figured out that real hummus is smooth, not grainy like the ones I get at the supermarket. The smoothness comes from soaking dry chickpeas in water with baking soda added. Ah well. It was worth a try. Pita pockets turned out all right, it was fascinating to see them puff up on the pan. Val contributed a halloumi veggie bake which was pretty delicious. First Friday of Lent, done. 

The littlies and I visited the Otahuhu Pools this morning. The toddler pool was worth the 20 minute drive and our little lady was SO happy to be in the water! Our girls are both such water babies. 
This:
vs

Our little lady's conversational skills are growing:
"Mummy, look me!"
"Mama, come me."
"I want pool." 
"Bird eat food"

Meanwhile, our 3 year old:
"Hello, poop face!" 💩 

🤦‍♀️ If this isn't regression, I don't know what is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment