Thursday, February 17, 2022

Excitement on the Lane.

The husband was doing his chores in the kitchen when he saw a man dash into our front yard. The man quickly U-turned and continued down our little cul-de-sac. Where could he go? It was a dead end! The husband went out to check things out around the same time our neighbours did.

They'd also spotted the strange man running onto our property. A police patrol car turned onto our street not long after and asked if we'd seen a man who fit their description. We had! It turns out the man was wanted and evidently trying to escape the police. He might have seen the playground in our front yard and thought it led to a park reserve or a way out.

We pointed the police in the right direction and they went off. Thankfully they said that he did not pose a risk to public safety. We're grateful our neighbours were looking out for us. Like the husband often says, "good neighbours are the best form of security".

I woke up feeling exhausted this morning. I had to dig deep to find the energy to play "trolls" at the playground, a game the little man really likes and I usually enjoy easily. Thankfully, God's grace and joy are abundant and there was enough to see me through the day. I'm only just discovering the joy of sitting with the children and playing. It's taken me 8 years to find that side of myself (What can I say? I'm a slow learner.) and I'm happy to report that we had a grand time building a "dinosaur fairytale castle" out of magnetic tiles and wooden train tracks. Neato!

At bedtime, the little man rolls over to my and whispers, "you're the best mummy in the world." aw, thank you, child. 

I'm relieved the day is almost over. We have an early start tomorrow because the big boy needs to be in school earlier for an excursion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment