Friday, February 25, 2022

36!

I'm incredibly grateful for the children who made my birthday yesterday extra special by simply being there. These guys hung out with me; We went to the beach, got ice cream and had a couch potato afternoon.
Big girl: Are you having the best day of the year so far, mum? 

She checked in so many times during the day to make sure I was having a great birthday. I sure was.

The wonderful husband made South African Bobotie (pronounced Ba-bo-tee), a dish I'd been wanting to try for awhile. Neither of us has tasted it before! The children decorated the dining table with wild animal figurines, the floor with a red carpet (blanket) and a popsicle stick crown for my dining chair. 


The bandung (rose syrup) cake they made was a hit, and they were so pleased with how it turned out. Only a quarter of the bright pink cake remained after dessert. 


Thanks, Mom! 

The love from family and friends, near and far, made the entry into my late thirties pretty amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment