Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Hot Chocolate Happiness.

Twas our little man's turn for a date with dad. He woke up asking if it was time to go for hot chocolate with dada. He was excited! 

Go for hot chocolate they did, and more. Think raspberry custard donut for breakfast and a marshmallow to accompany the hot choc! Yum. 

They went to Maddills Farm playground after. 

Listening to his recount later on was sweet: 

About morning tea: "I had a hot chocolate and a marshmallow! I had a doughnut. And a knife!" 

About the playground: "It had a big red spider web, and so many things. It had a trampoline, it was amazing. There were lots of people. And it was hot."

Our older ones went on a playdate with the neighbours to preschool to play while their dad prepped the local preschool he runs for the start of term. They helped to clean, had lunch and got to have ice cream after their work and play.
The little lady and I were on our own for the morning. We went on a bush walk nearby and sat by the water to enjoy the breeze and sunshine.


The end of the day was bumpy, and felt like the littlies reserve their worst for me. Tantrums, crying and whining at the end of the day.. That was tough to absorb. I had to take a moment and left our screamy little lady with papa while I took a shower. There's only so much my ears can take.... Things felt better, and less overwhelming after a shower. 

The summer holidays are passing faster than I think. 3 more weeks to the start of school on 2 feb. So little time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment