Friday, July 23, 2021

Out for a Cuppa.

I had morning tea with a friend, while Papa stayed home with 4 plus 2 children at home. The Mcvey children were at ours while their mum and I went out.

It was only when the husband mentioned it that I realised this might be the first time in 8 years that I've been out with friends, without children or husband. It's been a long time!

I had a lovely time. I was ready to go home after about an hour though! I loved the conversation and just being with my friend. That being said, I don't think my life's missing much, in spite of not having had the time away that people often believe is necessary.

Motherhood has grown on me these past 8 years. I've not lost myself in the journey, but found more of me. Oh, and as expected, the husband did a pretty good job looking after 6 while I was away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment