Thursday, May 13, 2021

Another Indoor Playground & My Imperfect Life.

Indoor playgrounds seem to be the flavour of the week; we visited another today! The following photos alone are worth the entry fees we paid:




When parenthood gets hard, get a velcro wall. Stick 'em up, walk away. The boys wriggled themselves off the wall and onto the trampoline below. Our little bumblebee, on the other hand, was well and truly stuck.

It was a great place to chill out and relax for awhile. (Those velcro suits came in adult sizes too, go figure.) 


Once home, there was work to be done on the last birthday cake for awhile, our big boy's. Now, this looked different in my head, so naturally I was a little surprised when this happened:

That top colour must be some pink shade of purple but hey, gender reveal party anyone?

I had every intention of scraping off the icing, buying more cream cheese, making more icing and giving the cake a do over.

Then I went back to have a second look and I thought, "this isn't half bad." I think that cake grew on me, my family liked what they saw and frankly, that's what matters. My life doesn't have to be picture perfect for me to embrace all of it.

 She who sleeps last wins first taste.

Temperatures are supposed to dip to a chilly 7 degrees tonight, so I'm gonna snuggle up right about now and catch some Zs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment